Saturday, September 28, 2013

Wood Storks






     It’s not unusual for me to be driving down the road  and suddenly see something out of the corner of my eye that elicits a  “WTF?”  There I go,  swerving to the side of the road, brakes screeching, flashers on, and jumping out of the car with my camera.  
 That’s how I caught this pair hanging out with a flock of spoonbills.  I had to go online to verify that they were indeed, wood storks.  I had never seen one in the wild before, although I suspect they are fairly common in some parts.  Turns out, this is the only kind of stork that breeds in North America. 

 






Just another day in paradise.  May your winds be steady and your seas be calm.
 --Bupu



1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of wood storks either! what a gr8 find!

    ReplyDelete